- Phone: (828) 266-9700
3505 Bamboo Road, Boone, NC 28607
- 8:15 a.m. - Classic Service
- 9:45 a.m. - Blended Service
- 11:15 a.m. - Contemporary Service
- Wednesday: 6:30 p.m.
"If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be:
if any man serve me, him will the Father honor." John 12:26
Below you will find a list of current ways you can serve our fellowship and our community.
General Church Needs:
• Hospitality Leaders Needed for Guests - We are looking for folks to collect snacks, serve as guides to our campus, and help to generally assist our guest speakers and performers. If you are interested in being the reason guests say "wow, there are great folks at Mount Vernon" please contact the Senior Pastor's office.
• Sign Up Table Volunteers - Could we add you to our list of volunteers who assist at the various sign up tables we offer in the Education Foyer? Volunteers serve on an "as needed" basis, and can accept dates and times to serve that accommodate your Sunday morning schedule. Contact Angie Derrick.
• Welcome Center Volunteers - Additional friendly helpers are always appreciated to greet and direct folks who stop our Welcome Centers on Sunday mornings or at special events. These helpers provide information, directions and a warm spirit to our guests and members. There is on going sign-up for this opportunity to allow you to choose the date and service time that works for your schedule. Contact Angie Derrick for more information.
• Smiling Faces Needed! We have a lot of folks who tell us they joined Mount Vernon Baptist because of the warm and heartfelt greetings they received from our attenders. We are looking for more of those warm and heartfelt folks to be the face of Mount Vernon at our entrances. Sometimes it can be daunting to be a new person, but with your help, they won’t feel new at all. Please contact the Senior Pastor’s office for more details on how you can help.
• Sunday Morning Main Office Volunteer - We need an individual or a couple to regularly serve in the main office each Sunday during the early service from 8:00-9:45 a.m. This helper mainly serves as a cheerful greeter and assists with very simple office tasks. Contact Angie Derrick for more information.
Children's Ministry Needs:
• Sunday School Teachers - Group of adorable 1 and 2 year olds are seeking huggable individuals who will hold them and read them stories about Jesus. E-mail for information.
Maintenance Ministry Needs:
• Sunday Maintenance Volunteers - Volunteers who can assist our Facility Manager on Sunday mornings by helping locking or unlocking doors, minor clean-up, moving tables, etc. Volunteers in this capacity rotate and do not have to be “on duty” every Sunday. For more information or to volunteer contact, Bob Waldorf.
• Security Team - Providing a safe atmosphere for our campus on Sunday mornings and at special events is a high priority. We have several spaces open on teams which rotate and typically serve once a month. For more information or to volunteer contact, Bud Russell.
Missions Ministry Needs:
• Handy Persons - Volunteers, we need your help! If you are willing to do light handyman work, like light bulb replacement, screen replacement, small and simple home maintenance projects for elderly members, please contact .
• Lighthouse Cleaning - Are you interested in being a help in our neighborhood? The Lighthouse needs people to clean it once or twice a week. To volunteer, please contact .
• Uplands Reach needs help on the following for summer camp:
Medical Teams to assist with medical issues that Campers may have, Night Security Team to walk or drive around to maintain the security of the Campers and Summer Meals (home-cooked or catered) for the Summer Team. If interested, please contact Upland's Reach.
Youth Ministry Needs:
• Our youth love to eat! We are looking for people who would love to provide meals and snacks for weekly services and events. Contact Jason Powers for more information
• Worship Intern - We are looking for someone who is passionate about worship and teenagers to help lead as our worship intern. Contact Jason Powers for more information.
Music Ministry Needs:
Sound, A/V, tech - please contact us at for more details!
Recreation Ministry Needs:
Field Supervisors & Field Maintenance
Hispanic Ministry Needs:
Translator needed for Hispanic Ministry