- Phone: (828) 266-9700
3505 Bamboo Road, Boone, NC 28607
- 8:15 a.m. - Classic Service
- 9:45 a.m. - Blended Service
- 11:15 a.m. - Contemporary Service
- Wednesday: 6:30 p.m.
Legislative Affairs Committee
The Legislative Affairs Committee is a sub-committee of the Family Life Committee.
To implement the stated purpose in the Articles of Incorporation of Mount Vernon Baptist Church:
To promote the Biblical principles of justice and righteousness in personal, social, community and national life.
To achieve this goal, The Legislative Affairs Committee, will seek to provide the church congregation with:
1) the position of all candidates in an election with regard to issues that impact Biblical values
2) the wording of proposed or pending legislation on the local, state and national level that impact Biblical values
3) the contact information for legislators on the local, state and national level who will be voting on legislation that impacts Biblical values
The Legislative Affairs Committee SHALL NOT:
1) participate in, or intervene in any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
2) advocate for or against any candidate or legislation
3) encourage or dissuade any member of Mount Vernon to vote for or against a particular candidate or legislation